01 Mar Six Places You May Miss While Spring Cleaning
With the arrival of warmer temperatures and blooming flowers, spring cleaning is officially here. Often, cleaning every nook and cranny of your home after a long winter isn’t an ideal way to spend the first couple days of spring. Sometimes, trusting a professional cleaning company in Northern VA is the best course of action.
The experts at Smart Choice Cleaning, a customer satisfaction-obsessed home cleaning company in Northern VA, understand the challenges that come with trying to give every inch of your home a spotless clean. There are quite a few areas of your home that you may not think about, but taking the time to clean them can make all the difference in your home’s overall cleanliness. During spring cleaning, we recommend looking out for these hard to spot places:
- Behind wall hangings: Photos and wall decorations can surprisingly accumulate a significant amount of dust and dirt. Since wall hangings usually stay on the wall for a significant amount of time, people often forget to clean behind them during spring cleaning.
- Lighting fixtures: Chandeliers and other lighting fixtures can also accumulate dust and dirt. This can make the lighting in your house dim. At first, it may seem like there is no dust around the actual lighting fixture, but dusting the fixture will reveal a world of a difference.
- Under small appliances: The area under small appliances like toasters, rice makers, blenders, coffee machines, etc. can easily get dirty. These areas can accumulate significant residue from cooking and eating around the appliances. Since these appliances are rarely moved around the countertop, the dirt can be hard to spot and can easily go unnoticed. The longer dirt accumulates under the appliances, the harder it is to scrub away.
- Washer and Dryer: Washers and dryers clean your clothes, but they don’t clean themselves. Since the machines are routinely exposed to water and chemicals in laundry detergents, they can easily accumulate residue. This area is especially susceptible to rust. Make sure to clean the inside of the barrel and check the back of the dryer for lint accumulation. In the wintertime, dryer vents can make a warm spot for birds and rodents to sleep in. Therefore, it may be wise to enlist the help of a Northern VA professional cleaning company like Smart Choice Home Cleaning for this hard-to-clean area.
- Sink cabinets: Cabinets below the sink and bathroom are often overlooked. Items stored in these cabinets are usually stored in the front. Therefore, it’s easy to not see the mold, grease and chemical residue in the back of the cabinet. Cleaning these cabinets will ensure the longevity of them and also make it easier to spot potential pipe issues.
- Door knobs: Door knobs can hold thousands of germs. It is especially important to clean these during flu season to help prevent the spread of disease. Besides germs, this area can retain grease and residue from hands over time.
Trust Smart Choice for Spotless Spring Cleaning
Smart Choice Cleaning is a professional cleaning company in Northern VA. We hold customer service to the highest regard. Our reputation, experience, systems, education, and 100% money-back guarantee set us apart from other Northern VA home cleaning companies. We offer both general and specialized cleaning services. When you need a truly spotless clean, trust us to provide a thorough spring cleaning this season. We take pride in giving attention to every nook and cranny to leave your entire home looking spotless.
If you are interested in our services, contact us online or at (703) 455-1440 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm to receive a 5-minute free estimate of our services. Inquiries by email should be sent to [email protected].