23 Feb It’s Still Flu Season: Tips to Stay Healthy
We aren’t out of the woods yet with flu season!
This winter’s flu vaccine was less effective than it has been in past years, and influenza has been widespread across Virginia, Maryland and the District.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, where it’s especially easy to transfer germs.
- If you can, avoid being near people who are sick.
- Get lots of sleep and exercise, relax, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw that tissue out — then wash your hands.
If someone in your home has been sick, it’s very important to get your whole home disinfected.
Germs and viruses can live on surfaces and in your carpet fibers for weeks, putting everyone in your home at risk. Call Smart Choice Cleaning today at (703) 455-1440 for a complete home disinfection.