Post Construction Maintenance Tips!
- You will need Air filters, Soft towels, Broom, Tape, Used dryer sheets,Vacuum, Mop, Cleaner for specified flooring type, and plenty of patience.
- One of the first lines of defense against dust is the air filters in your home. They trap dust, but they can also add it to the air if they are not cleaned and replaced regularly. Check your air filters first and replace as needed.
- To easily remove dust from walls, moisten a soft towel with water and wrap it around the bottom of a broom.
- For baseboards and ledges, used dryer sheets make great dust collectors.
- If there are vents, remove the covers and vacuum inside of the vents as thoroughly as possible.
- Sweep and / or vacuum floors floors, and mop regularly using normal cleaning methods for your type of floor. It may take several cleanings, but eventually the dust will be under control.
- Most paints require 30 days to cure completely. If the walls have been recently painted, avoid using anything too moist on them as it can damage the paint.