About This Project
HOW TO HELP WITH ALLERGIES
Does your home make you sniffle? Use these home cleaning tips to cope with allergies and prevent sneezing and discomfort.
- Clean and service air conditioning units to remove pollen and other allergens trapped during prior use.
- Thoroughly clean places where molds flourish, like drain pans under your refrigerator, old flowerpots and shower curtains.
- Encase box springs, mattresses and pillows in allergy-proof covers to keep dust and dust mites away.
- Always wash bedding in hot water to kill dust mites and launder every one to two weeks.
- Dust regularly. Wear a mask if you are allergic to dust and replace dusting cloths often to prevent dust transfer from one piece of furniture to the next.
- Restrict your pets’ movement to as few rooms as possible, especially in the bedrooms.