17 Sep Move-Out Cleaning Checklist
For many apartment or house renters, the time always comes to pack up and clean your former living space to its prior state before you moved in. There are a number of things you’ll need to remember to clean or fix in order to assure that you have restored your old place to its former state and get your deposit back once your move-out is complete.
To simplify the move-out process, consider hiring a professional cleaning service like Smart Choice Cleaning. Our experts have been recommended by dozens of realtors, who regularly seek their efficient and friendly service, making each of their homes and apartments spotless for future occupants. Among our specialties that we have provided for residents throughout Northern Virginia are our carpet and upholstery cleaning, as well as our quick and dependable move-out cleaning service. Here’s a list of things you may need to consider for your next move out:
Walls & Floors
Considering that the most noticeable aspect of the house are either the walls and floors, it’s important to remember all the things you should do to make sure they’re clean. Here are some examples:
- Vacuum all areas, especially where there is carpeting.
- Sweep off any cobwebs you find in the high and low corners of the walls and ceilings.
- Repaint or place putty over any holes you’ve made in the walls, such as with nails, screws, and thumbtacks.
- Use a sponge or brush with soap to clean off any stains or blemishes left on the floor or walls.
- Clean the dust off of any hanging fixtures, such as lights, blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
- In the case of hardwood floors, use a steam cleaner or a mop to clean off the surface and spaces in between the floorboards, then properly dry the floors off to avoid damage.
An even more challenging area to clean, and likely the first place landlords would look for issues such as unclean tiles and broken fixtures. Here are some things you should think of cleaning within a bathroom space:
- Use strong cleaning agents to get rid of soap scum off the tiles and bathroom surfaces, such as the tub, shower, and sink.
- Bleach the grout that line the space between each tile, renewing them to a fresh white.
- Clear and clean out all the drawers and cabinets of any leftover items, including the liners you may have placed.
- Wash the inside of the toilets and sinks thoroughly, as they go unnoticed but are used often.
- Replace or tighten any fixtures that may have fallen into disrepair over the course of your lease.
Another area your landlord will place much of their attention on is the state of the kitchen, as it is an area that suffers the most from the persistent wear and tear of its daily use. It is also the most significant in adjusting the value of their property, which means you should be vigilant in making sure it is in the best condition during and after your stay. Here are a few ideas on how to do just that:
- Wash all counter-tops and high traffic surface with disinfectant soap.
- Clean the front of each kitchen cabinet, especially the ones nearest to the stove, as vaporous oil, grease, and steam may have left noticeable stains on them.
- Give every inch of the refrigerator a thorough cleaning, even going so far as to removing the shelves and cleaning them separately.
- Use steel wool, as well as sponges and soap, to clean the inside and outside of the oven.
- Overall, for all appliances that were provided to you in the house, make sure they are clean and in their correct place, as that shows you are considerate of your landlord’s property.
Smart Choice Cleaning: Reliable Move-Out Cleaning Services in Springfield, VA
The actions above are among the many measures you should take to ensure you perform a proper move-out cleaning. Not only will it show how considerate you are of the space you’ve rented but can also benefit you with the return of your deposit. To guarantee that your old living space receives an excellent cleaning before turning in your keys, consider hiring a professional move-out cleaning service such as Smart Choice Cleaning. Throughout Springfield, VA and Northern Virginia, we have provided our residential and commercial clients dependable and efficient cleaning services, including carpet and upholstery cleaning, and regularly scheduled house and office cleaning. Whether it’s before a move-out cleaning or one of our many other services, contact us at (703) 455-1440 for a free estimate.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.