06 Jul Bathroom Cleaning Checklists & Tips
Of all the rooms in a home, bathrooms require the most work to keep clean. The messes that accumulate therein involve much more than standard clutter: dirt, dust, hair, soap scum, grime, mold, and mildew can all appear. However, with a few steps beyond hanging towels, you can maintain a cleaner space and recognize when to call in a professional tile and grout cleaning service for deeper cleaning.
A family-owned and locally-operated cleaning company near Burke, VA, Smart Choice Cleaning offers award-winning service. We are the recipient of Angi’s Super Service Award as well as a Best Pick Report selection for 6 years in a row. Our award-winning services are available to everyone, from homeowners to businesses, realtors, and home remodelers. For outstanding cleaning services, contact us at (703) 455-1440.
Below, we outline some weekly and monthly bathroom cleaning tips:
Some aspects of bathroom sanitation require frequent work. Schedule our move-in cleaning service or set aside time each week for a few tasks in particular:
- Toilet cleaning: As one of the most-used components of every bathroom, toilets should be disinfected each week. Dust off the tank and lid. Use a bleach-based spray or foam to clean the outside, then a bowl scrubber—along with bowl cleaner, antacids, or bleach—to clean the inside.
- Wipe down countertops: For best results, declutter your countertops before wiping them down. Then, use a simple cleaning solution for your work. The best cleaning solution will vary based on the surface material. Nevertheless, dry your countertop well after wiping them down.
- Sink sanitation: Spray your sink, faucet, faucet handles, and drain with surface cleaner and let it sit for a few moments. Then, use a wipe or paper towel to clean all areas of the sink. Don’t forget to get in the small crevices between the faucet knobs, where gunk seems to collect.
- Vacuum and mop floor: Lastly, clean the bathroom floor of dust, chemicals, and other debris from before and during cleaning. Use a vacuum and then mop the floor with soapy water. Ceramic tile, vinyl, or linoleum floors may need special treatment, so employ a tile and grout cleaning service for a more thorough job.
A few further tasks should be completed each month. Again, our expert cleaners can handle them, but the tasks themselves include:
- Polish Mirrors: Start by spraying an ammonia-based glass cleaner on the mirror. Then, use a dry, lint-free cloth—not a paper towel—to wipe from top to bottom in a circular motion. This should leave your mirror shiny and streak-free!
- Scrub Bathtub and Shower: Clear bottles and accessories from your tub and shower. Then, spray an ammonia-based commercial cleaner on the walls, floor, and hardware from top to bottom. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then scrub with a brush. Using warm water from a bucket or showerhead, wash the cleaner off and wipe each surface dry.
- Wash Bathroom Mats and Rugs: Bath mats and rugs tend to collect dust, hair, and dirt. Although they can usually go in the washing machine, check the care tags on yours beforehand. If yours have no tags or they say not to machine wash, ask our rug cleaning service to take care of it for you.
Expert Tile & Grout Cleaning Services in Burke, VA
Our professional maid services, rug cleaning, and tile and grout cleaning can handle all the bathroom tasks that might crop up. Indeed, turn to Smart Choice Cleaning for all your home cleaning duties. Learn why Burke, VA, homeowners choose us for their residential cleaning needs. For more thorough cleaning without the hassle, call us at (703) 455-1440 today.