25 Aug 5 Ways to Make the Back-to-School Transition Easier
The transition from vacation to school can be tough on parents and students. Here are ways to make the back-to-school transition easier on everyone involved!
1. Pack lunch the night before. This can seriously reduce scrambling around the kitchen in the morning and result in healthier, more-balanced lunches.
2. Lay out clothes the night before, too. You may end up doing a late-night load of laundry, but laying out clothes the night before can prevent a frantic search for clean socks in the morning.
3. Start using Sunday nights wisely. Make sure all events and appointments are on the calendar, and make sure there’s enough healthy snacks and lunch food in the house. Planning dinners for the week can help make evenings smoother, too.
4. Designate ‘drop zones’ in your home. It’s common for a home’s main entryway to get cluttered with backpacks, shoes, paper, keys and more. Organize your entryway or mudroom, or designate another convenient place for children and adults to put things when they come home at the end of the day.
5. Purchase grab-and-go breakfast foods. Oversleeping happens more than we’d like to admit. Sometimes there really isn’t time to sit down and eat before running out the door, so make sure your kitchen is stocked with bananas, breakfast bars and other portable breakfast options.
September through December is often the busiest time of year for families with school, work and holidays. Plan ahead by scheduling weekly or bi-weekly cleanings from Smart Choice Cleaning to keep your home happy, healthy and humming along this fall.